Hello again frillies,
I decided to post here my small review of IW Union Jack, since it ended up being a rather popular print.
I placed my order on the 7th of November, got invoiced on the 12th and paid the next day. My order was shipped on the 19th via EMS and I just got it today. This is a total of 2 ½ weeks, which is really not bad at all.
I ordered both the skirt and socks in my favorite colorway, Chocolat. Lucky for me chocolat was the least popular one so I managed to get it weeks after release with no rush.

I really like how the brown blends so well with the reds, blues and golds. It makes the print a lot more versatile in my opinion

The skirt is breath-taking. It is made from a lovely thick woven gobelin material. It has back shirring and a detachable back bow.

The skirt itself is quite long, I am 165cm tall and it reaches past the knee on me. The cut is also a bit narrow for a lolita skirt. Those two factors make most regular petticoats inappropriate for this skirt. I tried VDG A-line petti, but the result was horribly blocky no matter how I positioned the petticoat. My CP cupcake petti doesn’t worik either. I am guessing it needs something with much less poof or a longer cupcake shaped petti?
![]() |
| Worn, with CP recular cupcake petticoat |
The OTK socks are quite stretchy. I have chubby legs and they reach 10cm past the knee on me without the motifs getting distorted. They also stay on pretty well.

I've had this skirt of quite some time now and I have to say that it is rather sturdy, versatile and easy to wear. I look forward to autumn where I will be able to wear it agan.

No comments:
Post a Comment