Friday, September 23, 2016

Lief AppleBlossom and Gardenberries Review (Positive)

Hello everyone!

I just received my first ever Lief order and decided to do a review about it because I was so excited!

Lief is an indie Korean Lolita brand that has been around for a few years, they have their own page, which is in Korean, but you can also use their Facebook page directly to order. They are very quick to answer PMs and very pleasant to communicate with.


I ordered the Apple Blossom JSK (second release) in Lilac color plus matching bow pin, and the Special Edition of the Garden Berries JSK in Carrot color, directly from their fb page, via PM and then e-mail. The transaction was easy, I just filled an order form for all of my things and sent it to them via e-mail






Packaging: 5/5

First things first, the packaging was cute and sturdy, It came in a pink box, wrapped in tissue paper and cellophane. Lief was sweet enough to include Korean snacks as a gift, as well as an a amazing brooch!  <3




Shipping: 5/5

I took advantage of the free shipping offer with every purchase of more than one dress. The dresses were shipped with EMS, so I got them in about 1 week.

Making time: 5/5

This is mostly for the Apple blossom JSK since the Gardenberries was purchased from stock.
I ordered the Apple Blossom JSK as soon as the pre-orders were open in July. Lief said that the dresses would be ready to ship during  August 17, 2016~August 29, 2016, and shipped mine on the 24th August. 


Apple Blossom JSK, Size LXL, in Lavender

Quality: 5/5

The fabric is Rose Skin, which is a type of high quality polyester. It is extremely soft to the touch, completely opaque and on the medium side of heaviness. The print looks very crisp in some parts and yet very smooth in others.
It features a hidden zipper on one side and loops for the ribbon on each side of the dress.

The dress is also fully lined.








Fit: 4.5/5
I ordered the size LXL, which is supposed to be:
Bust: Approx. 91cm~100cm 

Waist: Approx. 71cm~82cm
Bodice Length: Approx. 43cm(From shoulder to waist)
Skirt Length: Approx. 60cm

I fall within these measurements, so it fits me extremely comfortably. The bodice is a bit on the long side though, so if you have a very short torso, it could potentially look a bit awkward on you.
Here is a picture on how it looks on me. For reference my measurements are:

Bust 95cm, Waist 72cm, Height 164cm.





I also got the matching bow pin to coordinate with. It is just a standard bow with a clip on the back. Not much more to say about that.
 


Gardenberries JSK, size LXL, in Carrot



Quality: 4.5/5
The outer fabric is 100% cotton and the inner lining is polyester. The dress It is extremely soft to the touch and comfortable to wear. the print looks crisp and the colors are very vibrant.
If I have one small "complaint", it is that I don't particularly like the shading on the rabbits in this colorway, because it is greenish and makes them look a bit...moldy? I've had this print in Milky color in the past and didn't have this issue.
The dress features features a hidden zipper on one side and shirring on the back. It is also fully lined







Fit: 5/5
I ordered the size LXL, which is supposed to be:

Bust: approx. 92cm~100cm
Waist: approx. 72cm~82cm
Bodice: approx. 38cm
Skirt Length: approx. 65cm(Includes lace 5cm)


I fall within these measurements, so it fits me extremely comfortably. No complaints about sizing 

whatsoever. Here is a picture on how it looks on me. 




Verdict:

Overall I am very pleased with both of these JSKs. It was my first time ordering from a Korean brand and I was very curious to see how they compare to the Japanese brands.

I am very pleased to say that they are very close. The construction and materials were excellent, the lace was pretty great too. And taking into consideration that most of Lief's dresses cost around $180 on average (some more intricate ones may go up to $225, but they are not the majority),  while Japanese brands range anywhere from $200 to $300 retail for their plainer JSKs, I think that Lief is very much worth the money you pay for, especially given the fact that they produce less pieces.

There is always a chance that if you miss a release it won't get re-released again and you wont easily find it second hand (God knows I was looking
for Apple Blossom for a loooong time , until it got re-released.

I hope you found my small review helpful! See you next time!

2 comments: