Monday, January 25, 2016

Lolita Wardrobe 2016

Hello everyone! January is Wardrobe Post month for lolitas, so I decided to actually make my first one this year, hurrah!
Even though I've been in lolita since 2009, this is still my first such post. The reason is that I am notoriously bad at collecting my lolita, and most of the things I've ever purchased, I sold after a few wears (or no wears at all). My friends tease me a lot about this, but in my defense, it is difficult to find things that absolutely fit, when purchasing online...Also, I change my mind a lot har har.

I am saying all this because my collection is still surprisingly small by international standards, since I've only seriously started collecting about a year and half ago. My wardrobe mostly consists of Innocent World, since this is my go to brand for everything. Seriously, I love their versatility in style and in sizes, as well as the fact that they are one of the less expensive Japanese brands.
It also contains splashes of AP (because everyone loves AP), VM, JetJ and Taobao brands.

OPs/JSKs:

First of all, the main pieces. I actually don't have a lot of those, as I like to build multiple coords around the same piece, which seems like a good idea when on a budget.
My sweets themed JSKs, AP Musee du chocolat and R-Series Cookie Ribbon



My more gothic pieces: IW Moonlight Church JSK and Rose Melody Rosa Aroma 2-piece set

My only summer pieces so far:Mystery Garden Polka dot JSK and VM Sailor Doll OP, also with dot textured fabric!  I love polka dots in summer! 


JetJ La Robe de Mademoiselle: This is the Holy Grail of my wardrobe. I adore this OP to pieces.




Skirts/Underskirts:
I have an hourglass figure so I mostly buy high waist skirts, to help define my waist.
Innocent World, Bodyline


AP British Bear, Innocent World, IW Union Jack
Custom Gardenberries skirt that I made with fabric I got from Lief, Mystery Garden brown chiffon Underskirt

Blouses:
Blouses are so important to me, because for me, they can make or break a coord. I simply don't have enough! In terms of fabric, I always prefer the synthetic ones (polyester blends for winter and chiffon for summer) because cotton gets so damn wrinkly! I need to sell all the cotton ones I have soon. I am sorry for the crap quality in some of the pictures, my camera cannot pick up black colors at all.

Innocent World pink blouse, Off-brand white blouse

IW Canaria Blouse, Mystery Garden short sleeved blouse

IW Cutsew, Magic Tea Party Bell sleeve blouse

Axes Femme Cardigan. Magic Tea Party brown blouse

Alice and the Pirates, Innocent World

Boleros/Cardigans:

Both are Innocent World, same chiffon bolero in two colors


Coats:
My collection here is rather small. in the future I'd like to add a Bordeaux jacket and a long black lolita coat at some point.
Offbrand, Angelic Pretty

Off brand, BPN


Bustiers/Corsets:
This is my favourite lolita trick to help my figure with wearing normal skirts, as they define my waist. If I can't coordinate with one, I at least try to wear a wide belt,


IW Violin Underbust Corset, IW Musette Bustier

Offbrand Navy UB vest, Innocent World Bustier
My selection of off-brand wide belts that I wear with skirts


Tights/Socks:
Here is a selection of socks that I use with lolita. For OTKs, I mostly buy from IW because they are nice and stretchy. Other than this I wear off brand lacy tights but as they are nothing special, I didn't bother taking pics. I also have a small collection of transparent crew socks for summer.

Left Column:  IW Moonlight Church socks in Navy and Black, IW Crown Socks, Chantilly socks
Right Column: IW Charles Crown, IW Logo Ribbon, IW Rozen Maiden Climbing Roze, IW Violin Print
These are my summer socks, all off-brand from random Taobao stores


Headdresses:
I wanted to take clear pictures of my head gear, so please excuse the creepy wig head. I call her Elizabeth xD. I buy all of my headdresses from Taobao, either from Sweet Dreamer or Fox Cherry













Hats/Berets:
Berets are my go to headwear for autumn and winter because they are lolita enough, without being lolita exclusive, if you catch my drift. They are also warm and cute
Left Column: AP British Bear, SakuraFairy Custom Beret, IW Logo Ribbon beret
Right Column: Merveilles custom made hat, Taobao, Taobao

 




Jewellery:
Here is most of my lolita jewellery. I have some additional rights but they were hard to photograph. Again, mostly taobao, except for my IW Crown Pearl necklace which was a gift from friends. I barely ever buy Brand jewellery because I can't justify the price tag for costume quality (plastic and not precious metals).


Pins and bracelets
Chockers

Necklaces



Shoes: 
I buy mostly off-brand and from BL and Taobao, because most Japanese brand shoes are made from plastic and the quality is not that great. I have some additional leather MJs and short boots that I wear with lolita, but they are currently not with me and I could not take a pic


Back Row: The short boots are VM replicas from Taobao, though I'd love to own an original pair at some point. Also a pair of tan colored leather brogues
Mid Row: Bodyline, Bodyline and off-brand leather MJs
Front Row: Rocking Horse shoes from Bodyline


I also got the following items in the mail, about to arrive shortly:






That is all. I hope you enjoyed my wardrobe post! ^_^


1 comment:

  1. Oh I like your wardrobe! I think we have pretty similar taste, you and I :)

    ReplyDelete